What kind of things can I get at the CareWorx Community Foodbank?
The CareWorx Community Food Bank stocks a range of food and pantry items such as fruit, vegetables. bread, milk, frozen foods, rice, pasta, cereals, canned and bottled goods, baby goods and pantry items.
When you come for your appointment, our team will ask you what you need and endeavour to fulfil those needs as best we can. The stock items change from time to time.
Appointments are available strictly on Wednesdays between 9:30am and 3:00pm. Please arrive on time. If you can’t make your appointment, it is vital that you let us know. Appointments can be made by calling (03) 8384 0279. If there is no answer, please leave a message and someone will get back to you.
- Careworx Community Foodbank has a set of guidelines to qualify all clients and determine genuine circumstance of need or disadvantage.
- To qualify, you must hold a currently Centrelink Healthcare card (which needs to be sighted along with current photo identification at each appointment).
- Careworx reserves the right to refuse, renew or cancel access.
- One food parcel per household.
- Access to the Foodbank is not transferable and is for the cardholder client and his/her family only (as they may appear on the healthcare card).
- Products must not be re-sold or used in any form within the retail or commercial food sector.
- The continued supply of products cannot be guaranteed.
- Products may be outside the best before date. These items have been deemed to be of good quality according to the manufacturers advice and a re valid for a further six months.
- Please bring your own shopping bags or boxes to the appointment.